Really pleased with these.
- It's my first go at colourwork (Intarsia in the round = lots of ends to weave in) that's worked out very well, the second one is neater than the first!
- The detail is embrodered on, not something I'm familiar with or very keen to do more of
- The chart only gives you the leg - after that you're using your favourite sock pattern. I love the squares and chose to carry them on over the top of the foot and that looks good
- The leg chart isn't symmetrical, so I read it right-left for one sock and left-right for the other to make them a pair
- One ball of Zitron Trekking XXL 4-ply Sock yarn (shade 451) was perfect in colour and more than enough. The white was some almost-white wool/nylon sock yarn from my local shop, but they don't use much white so anything from stash will do
- Many many thanks to Tara Wheeler for the pattern which is free and is here - and the Ravelry page for the pattern is here